That’s the question that administrators at University of Louisville Hospital posed. In the move toward electronic health records (EHRs), they certainly didn’t want HIM staff wasting time manually indexing each patient form when scanning. So what was the alternative?
Barcoded electronic forms (eforms, as some folks call them) generated by Access Intelligent Forms Suite. Now, when the forms are scanned, Siemens Soarian EDM uses the barcode to associate them with the correct EHR – no more manual data entry, no potential for human error, no need to store paper forms. And as Access IFS maps patient data from Siemens Invision, patients can complete their forms faster. An added bonus for University of Louisville Hospital is that the Access system also produces barcoded patient armbands/wristbands, creating a complete registration solution.
Click here to read the full story.
Every organization has employees and so every human resources (HR) department deals with employee forms. Some still rely on paper versions, and even those that have an electronic process struggle to get forms data into the HRIS/HCM and content/document management systems.
That’s why we developed the Formatta electronic forms solution for human capital management (HCM). With it, new employee onboarding, employee administration and offboarding become fast, secure and paperless processes. The benefits?
- Eliminate the cost of paper forms and document loss
- Extend current HR software environments and online portals by offering employees access to a secure, self-service catalog of e-forms
- Eliminate duplication, redundant effort and human error while reducing the HR team’s workload
- Access and complete e-forms online with virtually any Internet browser, within any environment, including on the go with Apple® iPad® and iPhone®
- Fill out e-forms offline also, when a connection is not available
- Update the human resources system (HRIS) with completed form data automatically — no manual data entry required
- Speed e-forms completion by automatically filling in certain fields via integration with existing HR systems and databases
- Apply secure digital signatures and attach supporting documents to e-forms
- Complete standardized e-forms and send them for approval through electronic workflow
- Export completed e-form images, attachments and index files to content and document management (ECM-EDM) systems